Friday, February 29, 2008

Mashup diversion

As this blog is also an exercise for the SLNSW Learning 2 (Web 2) pilot ....I have been looking at Mashups. I can see the potential in many Web 2 applications but Mashups are for the high end users. Anyway, I've created a mosaic using images from our " Rare book" collections. I can't see it as a true mashup as I used images from my own PC rather than importing them from another web application.
I do like London: A life in Google Maps - which blends Google maps with collection content. It isn't very intuitive for the user but the site has a number of other features eg. a curator's blog which are a useful way to provide greater exposure and an extended life to onsite and online exhibitions.


Not sure about the citations - this will take up too much time. I need to get on with my next Project Update.

No comments: